MgO:LiNbO3 - Magnesium Doped Lithium Niobate
- MgO:LiNbO3 exhibits particular advantages for NCPM SHG of Nd:Lasers, mixing SFG and optical parametric oscillators, thus applied in OPO, OPA , quasi-phase-matched doublers and integrated waveguide.
Compared with LiNbO3 crystal, MgO:LiNbO3 crystal exhibits its particular advantages for NCPM frequency doubling (SHG) of Nd:Lasers, mixing (SFG) and optical parametric oscillators (OPOs). The SHG efficiencies of over 65% for pulsed Nd:YAG lasers and 45% for cw Nd:YAG lasers have been achieved by MgO: LiNbO3 crystals, respectively. MgO: LiNbO3 is also a good crystal for optical parametric oscillators (OPOs) and amplifiers (OPAs), quasi-phase-matched doubler and integrated waveguide.
MgO:LiNbO3 is characterized by:
- High damage threshold;
- Non-critical phase matching (NCPM) at room temperature;
- Broad transparency range;
- Excellent E-O and NLO properties;
- Good mechanical and chemical properties.
MgO: LiNbO3 has similar effective nonlinear coefficient to pure LiNbO3. Its Sellmeier equations (for 5 mol% MgO dopant) are (λ in µm):
CASTECH offers high quality MgO:LiNbO3 with custom dimensions. AR coating is available upon request.
Add Other Product X