- Compared with LiNbO3 crystal, MgO:LiNbO3 crystal exhibits its particular advantages for NCPM frequency doubling (SHG) of Nd:Lasers, mixing (SFG) and optical parametric oscillators (OPOs). The SHG efficiencies of over 65% for pulsed Nd:YAG lasers and 45% for cw Nd:YAG lasers have been achieved by MgO:LiNbO3 crystals, respectively. MgO:LiNbO3 is also a good crystal for optical parametric oscillators (OPOs) and amplifiers (OPAs), quasi-phase-matched doublers and integrated waveguide.
MgO:LiNbO3 is characterized by:
• High damage threshold；
• Noncritical phase matching (NCPM) at room temperature；
• Broad transparency range；
• Excellent E-O and NLO properties；
• Good mechanical and chemical properties.
MgO:LiNbO3 has similar effective nonlinear coefficient to pure LiNbO3. Its Sellmeier equations (for 5mol% MgO dopant) are (λ in μm):
Different dimensions of MgO:LiNbO3 with high quality are available from CASTECH. The AR coating is available upon request.
Add other product X